Your personal channel PEAR Library can be synced with your Plex Media Server for a seamless experience across both platforms. This article will teach you how to install and use the plugin.
- You must have Plex Media Server installed - download it here: https://plex.tv/downloads
- You must have a channel PEAR account with media sources in your Library (otherwise you won't have anything to sync to Plex!)
- Download the plugin zip archive here: https://github.com/Jidly/channelpear.bundle/archive/master.zip
- Unzip the archive and then rename the extracted folder from channelpear.bundle-master to channelpear.bundle
- Move the channelpear.bundle folder to your Plex Media Server plugins folder
- Windows: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server\Plug-Ins\
- OS X: Using the Finder's "Go" menu, select "Go to Folder..." then enter: ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-Ins
- Linux: $PLEX_HOME/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-Ins
- Restart Plex Media Server (you may also need to clear the server's cache)
You must disable "Direct Play" and "Direct Stream" in your Plex Web settings under the "Player" category as shown below. (click "show advanced" if you can't see the options)
Doing this will allow you to stream from sources in a web browser that would otherwise fail due to crossdomain restrictions.
Link your library
Once you've installed the plugin successfully, you'll need to link it to your personal channel PEAR library (or share a friends). The plugin will not work until you complete this step.
Click the settings icon from the main channels page in your Plex app.
Enter your custom channel PEAR URL in the input box that pops up. You can get your custom URL from your library (must be logged in - click "pair device" in the top menu and select "Plex")
That's it! Your channel PEAR library should now sync with Plex.
Go here for more detailed linking instructions: http://jidly.github.io/channelpear.bundle/